Thursday 3 January 2019

A Box - A Big Box

Oh the excitement!  The box actually arrived yesterday, while at hospital but I had arranged for my lovely neighbour to take care of this box, containing a very special order.  Noel collected the box after we had been to the pantomime - it was late, so I choose to open it this morning.  How I held out, I don't know - it took a lot of willpower.

The story began with Opal Yarn not doing making an advent calender for 2018.  I have been very lucky as Noel bought me one in 2016 and 2017.  The advent calender contained little 10g balls of wool - 24 days of little balls of wool to hold and stroke my cheek with (oh does that sound weird? Maybe, only a yarn lover would understand!  So back in September of last year (now that does seem weird to type that!!) Noel and I found out that Opal were not doing a 2018 one - Nooo.  

Noel had a secret - he made me a box; not his finest piece of engineering but not his worst either (his words, not mine).  That is a whole new story that I may never tell!  But he made a box and with the help of Poppy, he ordered 24 x 2 of each chosen colour of Drops Nepal yarn.  Such a beautiful, well spun, soft yarn.  I will repeat 48 balls of yarn.  A door to open everyday of advent for Christmas.  With the top hole hiding a skein of lace weight, Bluefaced Leicester and silk yarn from Fyberspates which I opened on Christmas day - beautiful purples with a tiny hint of pink.  So me.

I have ordered some base colours from the same Drops range, so that I can make two fair isle inspired cardigans.

The box also included nearly the rest of the colours in the range, so that I can do gradient colour design work on my cardigan(s) plus a pack of Attic24; original yarn pack to crochet a Summer Harmony Blanket - this pack was a birthday present from my sister, lucky lady; when my family knows what puts a massive smile on my face xx



My 2018 Wool Advent Calender with 25 doors to open!


The very big heavy box containing so much squidgyness.


The two base colours; cream and a deep teal.


Woolware House loose yarn gets packed in
 organza bags - a very nice touch.


I will take more photographs, when there is better light and as I start each project.  Remember I am a starter and not quite so good/fast at the finishing!!

Jacky xx




No comments:

Post a Comment