Sunday 17 June 2018

Fathers Day - The next Generation

In January we welcomed a brand new little human into our lives. I joined the Granny Club and probably fell in love with this little man, quicker than I did with his Daddy.  Now don’t get me wrong, I love my son with all my heart but back then in 1984, having just given birth to him, I looked at him and realised my life would never be the same again - ever.  It took a few hours of cuddling my baby before the rush of love came over me.  It really did come like a wave, a tsunami in fact.  So I never doubted my love for my son. But cuddling my new grandson; William for the first time, he was so much easier to love. Yes I would be always there for him, yes I would love him unconditionally however, I wasn’t going to be completely responsible for him, this made loving all that bit easier.

Today we had to revert to Plan B - typical English weather scuppered a trip to the Brean Beach to have a family BBQ and picnic. So we had a lovely roast dinner instead at our home. Noel and Charlie (not in these photos!) did the cooking - thank you guys you did an excellent job. The rest of us sat back or took turns as entertainment officer to the little man. 



William - 5 1/2 months old


A doting Grampy - 43 1/2 years old - lol 


A very proud Daddy - aged nearly 34!


Toby, William and Noel xxx








No comments:

Post a Comment