Sunday 24 June 2018

Sew Sunday

Beautiful weather we are having - I enjoyed sitting in my garden in my pyjamas - well that is resting, isn’t it?




I decided to do lots of different crafts, that needed to be done; I have sandwiched a play mat together, the darker green fabric is the bottom and the farm animals are the top layer, with 4oz wadding in the middle - now just a simple quilting pattern before using a (I think) yellow bias binding.  The fabrics were picked by Noel, when he went with a ‘Jacky’ shopping list and a 20% off voucher to Hobbycraft.  The fabrics were not on the list but didn’t he do well?




I sewed the ends into my finished knitting - Hitchhiker Shawl

Made five more stitch markers - I didn’t quite have enough for another knitting project I am working on.  I wound the sterling silver wire around a metal die (that Noel made for me, to my specifications!), so that I could then cut my own jump rings. I cover the join in the jump ring, with a bead, using a drop of super glue.



I cast on 198 chain stitches for the start of my Cupcake Stripe Blanket, by Lucy at Attic24.




And finally did some; pining, tacking and machine sewing on a jersey top I am making for myself.  There will be a ‘Show and Tell’, later in the week.

Noel cooked us a nice (Waitrose pizza) for tea and we made the most of the warm weather and ate alfresco.




And lastly I noticed this leaf - which I assure you is a mulberry bush leaf and not what it looks like and growing my own medication - LOL!




Enjoy your week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment